I'm getting excited about March! It's such a great month. If I'm lucky, it there will be a hint of sprint in March. It's the month when things feel like they are falling into place in the classroom-finally. It is a month of growth in many ways! It's a month of birthdays - my dad, my husband, my son, my father-in-law, my sister-in-law, and several friends. But...it's also a month of writing! I'm really looking forward to the Slice of Life Challenge this year. Last year was my first time participating and it was amazing. I'm sure this year will be equally fulfilling. My writing habits haven't been strong lately so I'm looking forward to an "excuse" to make time to write. I've made my list of ideas to fall back on in case there is a day I just can't find the words. Now I'm ready ... bring it on SOLC 2013!
I've been thinking lately about what makes me smile. There are so many different things and so many different stories I could tell about them, it's a little overwhelming. Instead, for today, I think I'll just make a list. Who knows? Maybe it will fuel more posts later!
25 Things that Make Me Smile
- A hot cup of French Vanilla cappuccino
- Snow falling softly outside my window
- The sound of my children laughing
- My husband's smile
- A hug
- A note from a friend
- Reading a good book
- My fuzzy, red blanket - a Christmas gift that keeps giving!
- Snow days!
- Hearing my most favorite words from my most favorite people, "I love you Mommy!"
- Waking up slowly on a Saturday, without the alarm blaring
- A hot shower
- Date night
- Watching my children play in the snow
- A great quote
- The hum of learning
- Smiles on my children's faces
- A chat with a good friend
- A Cherry Coke!
- Watching a child's face when they begin to understand something difficult
- My mom
- Knowing our babysitter loves our children
- Helping others
- The smell of a new baby
- Crawling into bed at night