Saturday, March 28, 2015
Ten Things I Know For Sure Today
Today we celebrated birthdays. My husband had a birthday last Saturday and my son has a birthday on Monday. Today we celebrated them together with our families. It was a nice day with a full house and now that the clean up is done, I'm enjoying a few moments of quiet. My mind, however, is running in a million different directions. Time to dump a few thoughts out
1. On Monday I will have a 12 year old. When did this growing up happen exactly? I'm positive that just yesterday he was 2.
2. There are exactly 4 more days of school until the almighty SPRING BREAK!!
3. I may have paid more for Subway to make subs for our birthday party instead of me, but it was worth every penny. The most taxing part of getting the food ready for the party was opening the bags of chips!
4. Spending time with family is always interesting. There are always stories to be told, laughs to be had, and memories to be made together.
5. Snuggling with a cute puppy while writing a slice during a small bit of quiet time is a great way to spend a few minutes. But, let's be real, it won't last long. :)
6. No matter how many game systems you have, there are never enough to go around when you have several kids. They have literally thousands of toys to choose from but they all want to do the same thing at the same time, but of course, never in the same way.
7. Tomorrow, for about an hour and a half, I will get some time to myself. To go grocery shopping. Does that really count as me time? I'm not sure, but I am sure that it will happen.
8. My three year old had an encounter with orange Kool-aid and a monster was born. "I want some orange stuff please!" Kool-aid has officially become a treat in our house.
9. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting makes people of all ages happy! A little vanilla ice cream on the side doesn't hurt either.
10. Writing everyday has taken away from my reading time. I need to work to find a balance between the two. This is my newly established April goal!