Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Vacation


I'm dreaming of a spring vacation
just like the ones I used to know
before kids cost money
and dogs who act funny
and bills
my enemy and foe

I'm dreaming of a hot sandy beach
a long trip away from home
where the sunscreen's flowing
and warm winds are blowing
the waves
into salty foam

I'm dreaming of a spring vacation
just like the ones I used to know
maybe someday I'll travel
to sunny weather
lounging 
and laying low


It's almost spring break! Can you tell? I'm looking forward to a week of relaxing and doing as I please (as much as I can with four kids).  I'm looking forward to going to the bathroom, eating meals, and wearing jeans whenever I want.  And while I will be doing that at home, I will look out my window and dream of a day when I'm on that beachy vacation.

Isn't it ironic...I'm dreaming of spring vacation and my mentor text is a Christmas song? That's something to ponder.


2 comments:

  1. Cute parody! I share your sentiments wholeheartedly. One more day to go before we begin spring break and tomorrow it's supposed to be 70! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dreaming too..... my kids are gone but I still am dreaming of that carefree vacation to a far away place. Now, I say when I retire maybe I can travel to those faraway places. Spring break can't get here fast enough. Just to have the time to get some things done will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete