Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 3, 2018

Day 3 - It Happened

Well, it happened.

I first started participating in the Slice of Life Challenge in 2012. I love it! It's always been a fun challenge to see if I could come up with something to post each day. I have always been slightly surprised and pleased that I have always been able to complete all 31 posts of each challenge.

Until yesterday, that is.

Yesterday was a different than usual day. Maybe that is why.

My hubby and I took the day off work to attend my sister-in-law's mother's funeral. After, we went for a nice lunch together...just us. That doesn't happen very often.  We also did a bit of shopping before picking the kids up from school. No one had any activities after school, which was very unusual. Maybe that is why.

My daughter changed her passcode on her iphone and must have goofed up the code because now she is locked out. I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to reset the phone to factory settings last night. She made dinner...cereal...which is unusual. Maybe that is why.

I fell asleep on the couch in the evening. Hubby did too. Maybe that is why.

(If I'm being honest, it probably has more to do with that last one than the rest.) 

Just before midnight we woke up. He let the dogs out one more time. I tidied up a bit, turned off the TV, and we headed upstairs.  I had just settled in for the night when my eyes flew open and I realized my mistake.

I quickly checked the time to see if I could make it!  The red numbers stared back at me. 12:01.

It happened. I had missed it.

For the first time in six years I had forgotten to post. And on day 2 of all days!

My first inclination was to run for the computer anyway. But then reality overtook my eyelids again, and I decided it was ok. All was still right with my world. My four "babies" were all tucked snug into their beds with happy thoughts dancing in their dreams. All six of us are healthy. Our two fur babies are healthy and happy as well (not to mention, curled up against my legs). So, it was ok.

I hate that I missed a day.  I hate that I won't be able to say that I completed all the days of the challenge. But, it's ok. Life is good.




3 comments:

  1. It happened to me one year, too. I had gone out with my sister and realized it was going to be too late when I got home. It was before I had an iPhone, but I tried to use my dumb phone and couldn’t. I was disappointed, but here I am still. My first year was 2012, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks, that's about all you need to say and move on as you did. I read someone else's post earlier today that said something similar. Having a goal is a wonderful thing but feeling like you already failed on day two means the challenge isn't doing its job, and I'm glad it sounds like you responded in a way that was real and authentic. I told the other blogger if she wanted, April 1 could be her 31st day of writing, who says you have to link it somewhere for it to mean something to YOU!? Happy writing. Glad you don't let hiccups dull your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good example of our humanity and no matter how hard we try mistakes will happen. And instead of letting it slow you down you stayed focused on the priorities in life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete