1. I’m thankful for my family. I am rich in this department! I have four beautiful, healthy, happy, smart children and an amazing husband who I cherish every day!
2. I’m thankful for my parents who raised me to believe in myself, to work hard and to enjoy life. They set a good example for my siblings and me. I know how lucky I am to be able to say that!
3. I’m thankful to have a job in this crazy, difficult world we live in, but I am blessed to have a job that I love. I look into little faces every day and hear things such as “I like your shoes” or “You are my friend” and I know that what they mean is that they feel safe here at school, in our classroom, with me. I take this profession seriously because I know that I impact their young lives and I want that impact to be positive every day!
4. I’m thankful for a caregiver for my children that I trust 100%. I know that my children get the best care possible every day when I can’t be with them. She’s amazing and I can’t imagine, nor would I want, anyone else caring for my children. We are blessed to have her in our lives.
5. I’m thankful for this slicing community. If it weren’t for you all, I wouldn’t share my writing. I may not even write! The feedback and connections that I have made here sustain my writing passion and encourage me on the days that the screen/paper is blank for just a little too long for comfort. Thank you!