Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Friday, April 6, 2012

Butterfly

Butterfly
      d
         a   n
                 cin
                         g
here and there
        landing on me

                     softly
flying without
        a care.

                             Sw       ping
                                    oo

               NN
       s P I        I N g

                                         flitting

flower to flower

l
 a
   n
     d                     
        ing on me
                  gently
flying without
        a care.

                     

4 comments:

  1. Aah, the serenity of a butterfly garden. Butterflies are so unpredictable in flight. I love how you captured that scattered flighty flight path in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Poetry Friday, Robin! Thanks for sharing this lovely butterfly. (My daughter is an early childhood/elementary ed major and loves kindergarten - one of my favorite ages, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, flitting layout of your poem! Just like they do, as you wrote, 'swooping and spinning'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What a great mentor text this would be to show how to take a word and by letter choice and placement it moves. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete