Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Day 7 - Dad

Happy birthday Dad!

I woke with this thought this morning. I wanted to pick up the phone to tell you, but I knew you wouldn't answer.

I thought about my day as I got ready for work. I had a hard conversation coming up today. I thought of you and what your advice would be: you can do anything if you set your mind to it.

I scraped the snow off my car this morning. I thought about you when I smiled and realized how pleased I was to have gotten gas after work yesterday instead of needing to stop this morning. I could let my car run longer and warm up like you told me to AND still stay above a half tank as you said I should always try to do.

I said happy birthday to my principal when I got to school. I thought about you and how you both have big number birthdays - 40 for him and 75 for you.

I thought about you a lot today.

I hope there were lots of friends and loved ones gathered with you around your cake today Dad.

Happy birthday in heaven.

1 comment:

  1. There is really something to that "half tank of gas" advice. I'm glad your dad gave you that talk and you held it in a memory.

    ReplyDelete