Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's Shaped Like A Bunny!

I am participating in the Slice of Life Challenge hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Come join in the fun and serve up your own Slice!



My husband called on his way home from work last night to see if we needed anything from the store before he got home.  I suggested a rotisserie chicken for dinner and milk and juice to last us until grocery shopping later this weekend.  

When he arrived, he called to my daughter, our resident choco-holic, and told her he had a treat for her.  She was delighted with a bag full of chocolate eggs.  She's been happily munching on them here and there...even sneaking one when she thought we weren't looking. 

Hubby also had a little treat for me!

It's pink.
It's soft.
It has brown eyes and a brown nose.
It's shaped like a bunny.

Any guesses yet?

It is a little taste of heaven,
wrapped in cellophane.

12 little yummies in this package.

Now do you know?

It's my favorite holiday treat.
 
PEEPS!!!

13 comments:

  1. I know a few others who love them, Robin. Nice of your husband to grab a few special treats! My favorite Easter treat is a Cadbury egg-yum! One of the teachers has her kids write a short short story & create a display/diorama with peeps. They are so cute! I see they have several colors now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the Cadbury egg lover in our family. Me? I'll stick to the peeps...any color, any time!

      Delete
  2. Peeps, not so much so, but malt ball robin's eggs, that's another story. What a sweet husband! Mine would rather have root canal than to stop into a grocery store (although I know he would if asked to).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little treat. Nice little piece of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know a lot of people who love this little treat. You can have my share...I'll take jelly beans and Cadbury eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son wanted peeps today, he didn't get any though :( Maybe I will need to surprise him with some tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, am a Peeps fan. Not sure what to do now that there's a 5th Peep lover in our house. We used to all split a row (and another row and another row). Now maybe I should just keep them for myself. ;) haha
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to Peeps, it's an easy answer. You buy two packages. One for you and one for everyone else! :)

      Delete
  7. Peeps are a guilty pleasure for me. I get a package every year. I'm the kid who used to eat the bag of marshmallows from the cabinet, too.

    If you love peeps, don't miss the Washington Post's Annual Peeps Show! http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/peeps It's always amazing what people do with Peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet surprise! I want to say that I don't really care for Peeps, but I can't honestly remember the last time I tried one. Maybe I need to surprise myself with a little package. . . then again, I'll probably put the Peeps down and grab the Reese's peanut butter and chocolate bunnies. . .

    ReplyDelete