Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Best Thinking Space


I guess you just never know when inspiration will strike!

My Best Thinking Space

It washes over me
Taking away the bad 
Getting rid of stress 
As I let it roll off of me
Idea droplets hit my head
My best thinking space
How I hate to let this time end
But sadly it has to be
Until we meet again tomorrow
My shower and I 

9 comments:

  1. I often have my best ideas for teaching in the morning shower. Good to know I am not alone in my shower brainstorms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what it is about showers that brings out ideas! I, too, have had the same experience. I loved the 'idea droplets'...great use of words.
    Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed:-) Love that you were able to put it into words.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading I was thinking your private space was a shower. You inspire me to find ideas while I am in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the image this evoked, "Idea droplets hit my head."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what it is about a shower that spurs ideas? I also have lots of thinking time on the bike or walking, but of course there is no way to write them down so many evaporate by the time I have pen and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool idea! As I was reading, I guessed it was the shower. I, too, do some of my best thinking in the shower. I think it's because I can be free for those few minutes. Way to capture your best thinking space so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Idea droplets," I love! You may need a white board in there or something so the ideas don't wash away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those 'idea droplets', like Betsy. I had a student who said she wrote her best poetry in the shower, & used those little kids' bath crayons. Maybe it's time for you to get some, Robin! I don't take many showers, but oh the thoughts run wild in a hot, bubble bath! Thanks for the fun slice!

    ReplyDelete