Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Monday, March 11, 2013

My Dream For You

I can't believe it, but it's my 100th blog post today!  Thank you  to everyone who has stopped by to read over the last year or so.  Thank you for the thoughtful comments that have fueled my continued writing also.  This community has meant a lot to me!

Thank you to Ruth and Stacey at Two Writing Teachers for hosting the Slice of Life Challenge that really got me into blogging.  You are both inspiring ladies!

And...last but not least...thank you to Betsy at Teaching Young Writers for nudging me to create a blog and participate in the SOL challenge.  You are an awesome colleague and a wonderful friend; a true blessing.




My Dream For You B-Fly

On the wings of a butterfly…

You soar free
Flitting here and there
Only to things that hold happiness

Life is precious short
To live in discontent
Your worth is countless

There is strength in you
Beyond what you see
Above the expected

Because you deserve it and so much more
You glide to freedom
On the wings of a butterfly



 

5 comments:

  1. BRAVO! Congratulations, blogger and what a wonderful poem on post 101.

    Because you deserve it and so much more
    You glide to freedom
    On the wings of a butterfly

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...it was my 101 slice today. I love this line in your poem...beyond what you see, above the expected. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 100 posts! Congratulations! I so loved your poem of the butterfly. It brought memories of my mother to me as that was her love. And yes, they are strong in their beauty. Thanks so much. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Robin! Here's to the next hundred (I'm raising my glass of tea to you).
    I know someone who could use your words:

    Life is precious short
    To live in discontent
    Your worth is countless

    May we all live to know our worth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very proud of you for starting and continuing! I love that we have this to share. Your poem is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete