Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Sunday, March 24, 2013

Song Title Poem - For My Mom



I read a slice yesterday by Paul.  He used Genesis song titles to create a poem.  This immediately got me thinking.  I could do this.  I could definitely do this.  I knew exactly which artist to use.  It’s the one whose songs my mom used to sing to me as a baby.  No lullaby songs for this girl.  Only him.  My favorite title made the poem…check out the L’s, maybe you’ll find it!  




After loving you
All I needed was the rain
All shook up
Alright, okay, you win
Anyone could fall in love with you
Big love, big heartache
Blowing in the wind
Blue eyes crying in the rain
Can’t help falling in love
Come along
Come what may
Cross my heart, hope to die
Doing the best I can
Doncha’ think it’s time
Don’t ask me why
Don’t be cruel
Don’t leave me now
Edge of reality
Faded love
Fairytale
Fame and fortune
Farther along
Follow that dream
Fools fall in love
Forget me never
Gentle on my mind
Have I told you lately that I love you
He is my everything
He knows just what I need
I beg of you
I can’t help it if I’m still in love with you
I can’t stop loving you
I don’t care if the sun don’t shine
I miss you
I need somebody to lean on
I’ll never fall in love again
I’ll never let you go
I’ll never stand in your way
It hurts me
Just a little bit
Kiss me quick
(The) Last farewell
Lead me, guide me
Let yourself go
Let’s be friends
Let us pray
Love me tender
Make the world go away
My heart cries for you
Never again
No more
Once is enough
One broken heart for sale
Only the strong survive
Patch it up
Pieces of my life
Relax
Release me
Run away
Separate ways
Slowly but surely
Starting today
Surrender
Talk about the good times
That’s alright
There’s a brand new day on the horizon
Until then
Wooden heart
Young and beautiful
You’re the devil in disguise


I have to say that I’m a little bummed that Q and V didn’t make the poem, but Queenie Wahine's Papaya and Viva Las Vegas just didn’t seem to fit! 

Ok, you’ve had your clues.  Have you figured it out yet?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I knew, I grew up with that guy. He looks so very young there in the pic you chose, doesn't he? I don't know all the songs you put in your poem, but they certainly make a love story, don't they Robin? He made such an impact on our world-I thought my dad would have a heart attack seeing him! Thanks for a great slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom would have loved to have seen him! She is a huge fan! My husband and I danced our first wedding dance to Elvis: I Can't Help Falling In Love With You. Perfect!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe the titles in alphabetical order created such a cohesive poem! Very clever Robin! Of course I knew who it was from the All Shook Up. :-) What a catalog of songs he had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And I only used maybe 1/3 of the titles!

      Delete
  3. Wow -- this is massive and impressive in its massiveness! I especially love the last five -- they could stand on their own as a poem! This is such a fun way to play; great for us, and great for students!

    ReplyDelete