Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Squeeze

Sometimes it's the little things.

I was standing in the crowded hallway, herding children into the classroom,when he approached me. He isn't my student but I know him a little bit.

"Hi Mrs. S," he said.

Before I could even respond, he threw his arms around my waist and squeezed. I don't mean he hugged me.  I mean he really squeezed!  He didn't let go, just adjusted his grip from time to time and squeezed harder.

I told him thank you for the hug and that I hoped he would have a great afternoon. He looked up at me with his big blue eyes and melted my heart.

"You give the best hugs Mrs. S!"

I'm still not sure which one of us needed the hug more at that moment, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

4 comments:

  1. We all need hugs. I miss the daily hugs from kids, but surprisingly I still get them when I go into schools and work with teachers and model a lesson in their class. Kids have such loving hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those hugs! The best ones are the ones that are completely spontaneous. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Gotta love the hugs that are so full of love they practically knock you down. What a sweet moment for the two of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the little moments and big hugs that make it everything worthwhile.....:-)

    ReplyDelete