Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Friday, March 8, 2013

Moments Missed



 Slice of Life Challenge hosted by Ruth and Stacey at Two Writing Teachers.


I'm pondering the moments missed today.





 Moments Missed

Two babies you never met
graduations you couldn't attend
Christmases you didn't celebrate

Seven years is a long time
forever, so it seems
or sometimes like just yesterday

I was supposed to be older
before it happened
but no age is good

Relief in knowing you were free
didn't dull the pain
it grips me to this day

Peace that your struggle is over
we will carry on until
someday we meet again





7 comments:

  1. This person must have been enormous in your life, for the ache to be there after seven years. I'm sorry for your loss, sorry for the ache, wanted to say that I've been there. For me, it took a balancing of the scales, the ability to use my pain to help another in the same situation, make it turn out better...and then the ache turned to triumph. I hope it can be the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Chris. You are right, he was a big part of my life. My Dad!

      Delete
  2. My dad died almost twenty years ago, ten years before I adopted my sons. My dad was a total sports lover, and my boys are athletes. Like you, I'm glad my dad isn't suffering any more, but the ache never quite goes away. And like you, I can't wait until we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today was my Dad's birthday. I miss him still and feel the loss in my life most every day. Your poem touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is very raw to me, it goes right to the core of you emotion. This line was striking to me:
    "Relief in knowing you were free
    didn't dull the pain
    it grips me to this day"
    I believe your words will give others comfort, as they already have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this very honest poem. "Relief...didn't dull the pain" is also the line that touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a myriad collection of emotions in such a small poem. I feel overstuffed - this is the magic of poetry...the writer can make the reader feel in just a few words. My heart hurts, but I understand more from reading your words. Thanks for being an honest & brave writer.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete