Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Friday, March 22, 2013

What Does Your Blog Say About You?

Join in the fun and serve up your own slice at Two Writing Teachers.

 Today I was looking at pictures on my computer and found a word cloud I had made using my blog last year - the one with the green border.  The website takes the words most often used and makes them the largest font and decreases font size for less used words.  I like many of the words that are larger sized in that one and think it is pretty reflective of the blogging I did last year.  I thought it would be interesting to make a new to see what words show up most predominantly this year and see how it has changed over a year's time.  Some of the words surprised me!  For example, I wrote one post about making a cake and the word cake is quite a bit larger than I would have imagined...and the word cart?  Where did that come from?  I like that write/share/thinking are large words...two of those were large last time too.  It's pretty interesting to see what my blog says about me and this place, or slice of time, in my life. If you would like to try it out for yourself, I used the website www.tagxedo.com

 I wonder what your blog says about you?



12 comments:

  1. Oh cool, I absolutely want to do this now. What a fun idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome reflection activity. I'd love to do it too. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, gotta do it. Thank you for sharing! Stand by for a post on this on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do you copy/paste every word from all your blog postings? I love the results but just wondering how to do this. Yours are very cool and I'd like to try this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you go to the website you have the option of typing in words you want in your word cloud or you can type in a web address. If you type in your blog address, it will use all the words from your blog. Super easy!

      Delete
  5. What a cool idea. I wonder what words would show up from a year of blogging on my blog. I think I have an idea for a post about my 1000 post tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHAT FUN! :) :) :) I am on my ipad so I couldn't use your site so I sprang for 99 cent app called tag cloud. Viola...it surprised me with the words that came up but very cool. Thank you for this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. It is funny because I am doing the class challenge with my students so what I post on there I transfer to here. There have been many days when I don't write what is on my heart, because it is about one of them. In some ways, I feel less authentic. I do wonder what mine would look like this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors...I have been working on them also. I like the way the words pop out on the website...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea! I'll have to try it. I'm curious to see what my blog says about me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely doing this. Clipping it to come back to--thank you for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea you could just type in the blog address, Robin. Wow! I'll do it soon! I love wordle & Tagxedo. So cool!

    ReplyDelete