Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 2, 2013

Poo Happens

Slice of Life Challenge is hosted by Ruth and Stacey at their blog Two Writing Teachers.  Come join it the fun - read some slices and even write your own!


She might be the fourth child but she has brought us many new and different challenges.  We thought by the time we had her, we had experienced most everything.  We were wrong.  She's our only climber.  She's our worst sleeper.  She's our best medicine taker.  These are all minor things compared to what awaited us this morning.

I was snuggled in my warm, cozy bed this morning when I heard her wake up.  She sounds so sweet when she first wakes up.  She sings and plays with her babies.  She is always happy when she wakes up.  These were my first thoughts this morning...quickly followed by another nice thought.  Daddy should get up with her this morning and let Mommy sleep in for a few minutes this morning.  And, he did!

But sleeping in was not meant to be today.

Today was the day that we were introduced to our first and only diaper remover!  Yes.  You read that right.  She woke up, didn't like her poopy diaper and so...she took it off.  In her crib.  By herself.

We had a blond haired, blue eyed, brown covered baby girl staring up at us from the crib this morning.  The rest I will just you imagine for yourself.

I should be thankful that the mess was mainly contained in one area.  I should also be thankful that this is our only child to do it.  But, EWWW, it was gross!  

The bright side?  I already had my SOL topic for the day taken care of!

Can you believe this sweet little face could do such a thing?

15 comments:

  1. Ewww! But she is really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't believe you. I refuse to believe that your beautiful fourth child could do anything of the sort. How dare you make up a story about her like that. ;)

    Should I send over some bleach in case I am wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll believe your socks stories if you believe my poo story! Haha! Kids...gotta love 'em!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Not the way you wanted to start the day, for sure! (Such a cutie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a memorable moment to write about! Perfect for a slice of life post!!
    --Jee Young

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Robin, she even looks likes my sweet little granddaughter, who is climbing everywhere. She is still, like your little one, so quiet & affable, but in to everything. I wonder if 'poo' is just around the corner. Guess a dip was quickly in order! And the slice arrived, as you say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on to your hat Linda! My daughter is very into taking off her clothing, well, pants at least (she hasn't figured out how to get her shirt off - yet). And once the pants come off...you know what happens next! Watch out! And yes, she was awarded the first bath of the day!

      Delete
  6. What a way to start a day! Yuk! I hope that is a once in a lifetime experience for you and that angelic little one. Hope the rest of the day was poo-free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poo-happens....great title! I just want to know....Did Dad clean it up? I am assuming ....No! That kind of mess is a two parent job! I know my husband would never tackle a clean up like that on his own. But I am also thankful that he is there in the middle of the night helping me when I am holding a sick little one and he changes the bedsheets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took a double-team approach - after he called me out of bed with a "Mommy, we NEEEEED you!" call. He cleaned up our little angel and I got bed duty. Funny thing is I think I got the better job. After all, I didn't have to tell the crib to hold still, didn't have to clean between any toes, didn't have to tell the crib to stop trying to rub her face and I didn't have the clean up the changing table after I cleaned the bed...he did. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my, this brings back memories. Our lovely daughter never woke us up quite like this, but we had our share of poo stories with her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm...yeah, this is why I'm Ok with my choice to wait a while longer to have kids! :) Thanks for sharing this gross, yet funny, parenting story!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could have gone the rest of my life with not reading about poo between toes. You did get the better job; I am sure. Your girl is innovative and adventurous--she will go on to do great things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I have four, youngest now 8. This does bring back the memories. But really can you blame her? Who wants to wear a poopy diaper when you learn how easily they can be taken off :-)! I recommend the book "Everyone Poops" if you haven't heard of it already. Great real life slice!

    ReplyDelete