Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spent


 I didn't think I had any words today.  But then I did. 

Visit the Two Writing Teachers blog, hosted by Ruth and Stacey, for more Slice of Life stories.  Join in the fun!







Spent

The blank page mocks me
it's cold stare laughs at me
nothingness

Where have the ideas gone
they fled beyond my reach
snuffed

Did my eyes not see today?
my ears tuned out?
empty

I have nothing left to offer today
my thoughts have departed
spent

2 comments:

  1. I love the questions in the middle. It mounts the frustration you feel, almost like a "come on, really?" Then it calms a bit, an explanation for the blank page no longer wordless. Love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. Just not too many words these days…

    ReplyDelete