Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Birthday Party




There's only one more day of the Slice of Life Writing Challenge!  Can you believe it?



Preparing for the party:
* Wrap the gift
* Put away toys
* Vacuum the living room
* Sweep the kitchen floor
* Do the dishes
* Clean the dining room table
* Set out the food
* Set out the plates, silverware, napkins
* Set out the drinks
* Be sure the kids are clean

After the party:
* Throw away the gift wrap
* Put away toys
* Vacuum the living room
* Sweep the kitchen floor
* Do the dishes   
* Clean the dining room table
* Put away the food
* Put away the plates, silverware, napkins
* Put away drinks
* Clean up the kids


My son got: 
     * Money to buy toys (he collects action figures of many kinds)



My husband got:
     * Money to buy toys (he collects vintage Star Wars figures)



Anyone notice any similarities here?  Two peas in a pod, aren’t they?  Today my son turned 10.  Last weekend my husband turned…well, it was his birthday.  We had a party for them both today with both sides of our families.  It was a nice day together.  I just wish the cleaning fairy would arrive soon and do something about this mess so we can start all over again tomorrow for Easter.  Good thing it’s spring break!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, wouldn't it be lovely if the cleaning fairy would come? But what a happy family day! Thanks for sharing...the before/after lists did a good job of telling the story!

    And it is hard to believe there's only one more day of the March challenge! Are you continuing on
    Tuesdays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will be continuing on Tuesdays! I love the March challenge but the promise of Tuesday slicing gives me something to look forward to. See you there?

      Delete
  2. Love the parties - hate the prep and aftermath..it makes me tired! I do realize that family celebrations are worth all the work? Happy birthday to both of your guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess the difference is in the size of the boys and how expensive their toys are. Love those lists! Sorry the cleaning fairy doesn't drop in more often. It would be nice. Where did this month go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another post that makes me take a deep breath and want to nap. I never even got out of my pjs today. Put my clothes right over top to do what I needed to do out in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you need a group of cleaning fairies from the sound of this partying! Happy birthday to both. And will look forward to seeing you on Tuesdays! Happy Easter, Robin!

    ReplyDelete