Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Sunday, March 11, 2012

6-Year-Old Logic Train

Slice Of Life Challenge - Writing Day 11 - hosted by Two Writing Teachers.
Check it out...maybe even join in the fun!

"Mom, has it been 6 weeks?"

"What do you mean honey?"

"Has it been 6 weeks yet?" [sounding a little put off]

"I'm not sure what you mean sweetheart.  6 weeks since what?"

[all out exasperation] "I said, has it been 6 weeks yet?"

Ok Mom...stop and think for a minute...clearly you are supposed to understand and be able to follow this train of thought.  Six weeks.  What on Earth is she talking about? 


In a moment of pure Mommy Genius:

"Do you mean has it been 6 weeks since Groundhog Day?"

"YYYEEEEESSSS!!!" 

Ding Ding Ding!  Mommy got it right!!! 

"Yes, it has."

"Oh.  I thought so.  That's why it's so warm outside today."

You just have to love her and the simple logic of a 6-year-old mind.  Happy spring!

3 comments:

  1. I love the light bulb moment you had. I can't say I would have made the connection there. And the relief in her YYYEEESSSS! was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your dialog, especially "Ding Ding Ding! Mommy got it!!!" I think every parent can relate and can immediately think of times when Ding Ding Ding could be used to describe our lightbulb moments, and times when we wished the Ding Ding Ding would occur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had nearly the same conversation with our 5 year old last night, about two stores not being the same store. Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete