Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!
Monday, March 16, 2015
1. I am named after a bird (Robin - my dad chose this one just because he liked it) and Elvis (Errin is his middle name and my mom is a huge fan). Thank goodness I'm a girl because my dad also liked Rusty and my mom may have believed Elvis was a great middle name. YIKES!
2. I have four kids, 1 husband and 1 dog.
3. I played the violin for years but it sits in a case under my bed collecting dust these days. Sad but true.
4. With two daughters who sold Girl Scout cookies this year, I've eaten more than I care to admit in the last couple of weeks.
5. I'm embarrassed to admit...I still have some Christmas decorations up in my house. Why? See number 2...I don't have a lot of free time and this chore hasn't made it far enough up the priority list yet I guess. (I should say, most are snowmen and I leave them out a little past Christmas for that reason but this is ridiculous.)
6. This might just be the worst slice I've written this month.
7. I love to read and belong to a book club made up of people I work with. It's fun to share our reading experiences, chat about school, share stories of our lives. It's as much social as it is book-related.
8. I wish I belonged to a writing group. I tried a TWT writing group but my group never got off the ground. I tried creating a group with a friend and colleague. It never got off the ground either. I think it would be good for me to have people keeping me going year round!
9. I started writing a book. I like the concept of it. I've written maybe half of it in first draft form and then I fizzled out for a while. A writing group would help this immensely!
10. I have a staff meeting at 7:30 AM and I have a chapter from and RTI book that I need to read first. I guess you know what I will be doing next!