Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Friday, March 8, 2019

Day 8 - I Should Be

I should be relaxing on the couch.
But I'm writing a post.

I should be planning my weekend enjoyment.
But I'm packing my suitcase.

I should be thinking about lesson plans for next week.
But I'm reading session titles.

I should be thinking about the errands I need to run over the weekend.
But I'm making sure the kids school papers are signed, sealed, and ready to deliver on Monday.

I should be getting ready for the slow pace of Saturday and Sunday.
But I'm attending a conference instead.

I should be a lot of things.
But I'm not.

I should be happy to go to this amazing conference and I am.
But I'm not happy to leave my family and weekend behind.

I should be recharging my batteries this weekend.
But I'm filling my mind instead.

I should be just fine.
But I'm going to be tired next week. :)


2 comments:

  1. I can totally sympathize with your "tug of war" emotions. While conferences are such a great way to recharge professionally, it is still difficult to give up your precious time on the weekend to recharge personally. I hope you have a wonderful conference and aren't too tired next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to your weekend conference! I'm guessing you'll come back rejuvenated, and your family will appreciate you even more. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete