SOL Challenge - Day 27 - hosted by Two Writing Teachers
Fifteen Things About Me:
- I have 4 beautiful children - one boy, three girls - ranging from 9 to 7 months.
- I am the youngest of 5 children.
- I play the violin.
- I am a new fan of guacamole.
- I never met either of my grandfathers - both died before my parents were 10.
- I was going to be a country singer when I was little - I had the cowboy hat and guitar to prove it.
- I love chick flicks.
- I need music and I love to sing...by myself, in the car, making dinner, at bedtime.
- I knew all the words to every Elvis song long before I could tie my shoes - they were lullabyes from my mom.
- I would like to solve the world's problems-I hate politics-why can't everyone get along?
- I wish I could play the guitar and the left hand on the piano.
- I think pizza is the perfect food-so many possibilities, so much gooey cheese.
- I have learned that five-year-olds are incapable of whispering.
- I believe that the day needs more hours for time spent at home (not for work).
- I am sad to see the SOL challenge come to an end...I will miss all the lovely words I read and the words of encouragement I received and the sometimes surprising words that poured out.
Thanks for sharing about yourself. It is nice to get to know more about people. I especially loved the 5 year olds not being able to whisper.
Re: #4: I LOVE guacamole. Not sure how close you live to NY, but if you get there, you MUST try the guacamole at Dos Caminos or Rosa Mexicano. Both restaurants have people who make the guacamole to your specifications (e.g., mild, medium, spicy) tableside.ReplyDelete
Re #15: I hope you'll join us for the SOLSC throughout the year on Tuesdays.
Thanks for the tip on the guacamole...it's a little far to NY but someday I'd sure like to visit so maybe! As for the Tuesday SOLSC? I'm there!
So what turned you to guacamole? The best I ever had was at Boudros in San Antonio. It was made at the table, expensive, but oh so good! As far as pizza, can't eat it too often. It's one of my favorites. Interesting assortment of items to reveal. How can you do with with four kids, one only 7 months? You are a wonder woman!ReplyDelete
Guacamole...my first encounter was Don Pablo's restaurant. It was yummy! Soon after, a friend made it for a potluck...also yummy! Then I found a recipe for it that was simple and I figured I had nothing to lose so I made it. It was delicious! As for how do I do it all? If you saw my house you would know what gets pushed to the side (HOUSEWORK!) but you would also know that I "do" most of my "doing" after bedtime. I've also become quite good at accomplishing a lot during my breaks at school when I want to. Wonder Woman I am not, but I sure do try!Delete
What a fun idea! I want to try this REAL soon...15 things about ME! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
I love your list. I especially loved, "I have learned that five-year-olds are incapable of whispering." Laughed out loud, I learn this all too often too!ReplyDelete
"I wish I could play the guitar and the left hand on the piano." ME TOO!ReplyDelete
Stacy took my words. You don't have to stop-you can be there on Tuesdays & some of us still blog other times of the week too. I think your list is the precursor of a lot more slices & writing. I'd love to hear about those Elvis lullabys! Nice idea. I think you know I have a granddaughter, 8 months Thursday! Precious age! How nice to have such a big family!ReplyDelete