Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1 - a slice poem

It's March! It's March!  It's time for the March Slice of Life Challenge hosted by the Two Writing Teachers blog.  Join in by sharing a slice or just sit back and read a few.
 
This is my third year participating in the March SOLC and usually, a couple weeks before March begins, I work on a list of ideas for the days that the ideas don't come easily.  I just have felt a little better knowing I was starting the challenge with a few ideas in my back pocket.  However, this year when I sat down to generate my list, instead I wrote the first two stanzas of a poem.  The next time I tried, I ended up working on the poem again instead.  I took it as a sign that maybe I didn't need a list to fall back on this year.  It's my new challenge to myself.  No list.  I'm starting fresh each day with my writer's eyes wide open to all the things around me, seeds of a story just waiting for me to notice.
 


A slice of me
A slice of you
Mixing together
A tasty chew
 
Morsels of soul
Left on the page
Positive comments
The author's wage
 
A story of love
A regretful tale
A writer's heart
Our words prevail
 
Your very own stage
A place to call home
To play with your words
Let your thoughts roam
 
So, serve up a slice
Or read, take a bite
Sample sweet stories
Let your ideas ignite!
 
 
Now...sit back, enjoy your coffee, read some more slices...it's going to be a great month!
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I stopped by your blog because I love the title and I found a poem to make me smile! Thanks for sharing. This is my first slice and I am glad to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the poem. You have inspired me to try one this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're challenging yourself in a new way. Your poem spoke to me!! Here's my favorite stanza:

    Morsels of soul
    Left on the page
    Positive comments
    The author's wage

    It's one of those times when as I'm reading it...I'm thinking, "I wish I wrote that!" Can't wait to keep reading your slices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to do this next to you again this year! Yay for March and awesome new beginnings to discover through writing this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is so fun! It kind of takes the stress out of this challenge and makes it seem light hearted. Love your word choices - morsel and a tasty chew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Robin-beautiful rhythm and even more, beautiful words. Going to print it out & put it at my desk! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete