Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Saturday, March 12, 2016

Day 12: Thankful


I'm not feeling well today and I am having a hard time trying to find something to write about. I haven't had much inspiration while resting and watching tv.  Then it occurred to me that even though I don't feel well, I have many things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful that my youngest daughter, who has been sick for the last two days, is feeling much better today and is back to her sassy little self.

I'm thankful that my middle daughter is very excited about her "SUPER hard homework" -- playing outside (and I'm thankful for her teacher who recognized the need for that fabulous homework this week).

I'm thankful that my oldest daughter is working toward a lofty reading goal and enjoying every moment of it.  Her teacher has been keeping track (using Accelerated Reader) how many words each student has read this year.  This 10 year old of mine is approaching the MILLION word mark and she has no intention of stopping until she reaches that goal.

I'm thankful for the progress report that arrived in my inbox this morning. My oldest and only son has earned himself 6 As and 1 A- so far this marking period.  He works hard and it pays off! He's proud of himself and I'm one proud Mama!

And finally, I'm thankful for my husband. He's my rock, my friend and my partner. He is truly my other half.  We make a good team and take good care of each other.  I'm especially thankful today that he took the four kiddos to a family birthday party and left me a quiet house for resting and getting better.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry that you're not feeling well - but look how much you have to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you're not feeling well - but look how much you have to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better. Thank you for sharing what you're thankful for. It's a great reminder that the "small" stuff is the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better. Thank you for sharing what you're thankful for. It's a great reminder that the "small" stuff is the important stuff.

    ReplyDelete