Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!
Sunday, March 20, 2016
Day 20: Ten Things Right Now
Ten Things Right Now
1. My 5th grader is assembling her science fair project display board. I'm thankful that the science project itself is completed.
2. My four year old is playing with her Polly Pockets all over the dining room table. I'm thankful that she's feeling well again and that dinner is still hours away...wow what a mess!
3. My 2nd grader is happily finishing her math homework. I'm thankful it will be completed this weekend and we won't have to worry about it during the week.
4. My 7th grader is getting his hair cut. I'm thankful I won't have to try to tame the standy-upy collick every morning before school for a while!
5. Super Hubby is doing the laundry. I'm thankful he is making sure it's done before he leaves on a work trip this week.
6. I'm baking brownies for Super Hubby's birthday tomorrow. I'm thankful he doesn't leave on his work trip until after his birthday so we can celebrate him and his special day.
7. Basketball games are on the tv. I'm thankful that we all filled out brackets this year...a little friendly family competition during March Madness with a $20 bill on the line for the grand prize winner! So far the twelve year old is in the lead. By a lot.
8. I'm unloading the dishwasher and refilling it with the next load. I'm thankful that the sink will be emptied of dirty dish clutter (finally) and the cupboards will be full of clean dishes once again.
9. School work is about to be spread on the kitchen table. Next week I will be thankful for planning ahead and being ready for the week. I will also be thankful for a FOUR DAY WEEK!
10. Groceries have just been put away. I'm thankful for full cupboards to feed my family for the week and that dinner is all ready to go in the oven later this afternoon.
Bonus: Slice is written! I'm thankful for the chance to be thankful today and thankful to be a part of a writing community as wonderful and supportive as this one. Thank you!