Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Friday, March 18, 2016

Day 18: Thing vs. Thong



When I opened my computer today, I intended to write a Top Ten Things post.  Just before I hit that orange publish button, something caught my eye.  Having noticed it changed everything today!  Maybe I'll share that Top Ten Things list tomorrow, but for today...how can I not share what was almost a very significant mistake?!


The power of a letter

what was intended to be ten things was almost ten thongs

one single letter that changes everything

the difference? HUGE!

information vs. underwear

lines vs. strings

public vs. private

BIG mistake.  BIG.

Thank goodness a wise teacher once taught me to reread my work.

6 comments:

  1. The "10 thongs" post could be interesting to some as well!! :) Great reflective nature of the opposites. My favorite is "lines vs strings"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! This happens all the time with my kids at school but they don't understand the significance of some of their mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were meant to write this post that is why thing became thong. What if it was "thang", that might be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens, the dread of thinking about "thongs" in your title! The editing part of daily posts become shorter and shorter and I have to admit that I miss stuff and tend to sometimes edit after I see my post public. I cringe when that happens.

    Love how to switched your topic on a dime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good heavens, the dread of thinking about "thongs" in your title! The editing part of daily posts become shorter and shorter and I have to admit that I miss stuff and tend to sometimes edit after I see my post public. I cringe when that happens.

    Love how to switched your topic on a dime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee hee! That's pretty funny, and I love how you responded to your almost-mistake. Reminds me of the time I was teaching an English class in a rural village in Latvia, ca. 1992. We were working on household objects, and I had some vocabulary on the board. For the thing you put soup in, I wrote "bowel." I noticed one student in the back of the room consulting his bilingual dictionary, then he cautiously raised his hand. "Um, teacher?" he said tentatively. "Is that one...right?"

    Oops.

    ReplyDelete