Welcome!


Welcome! Join me as I share my experiences as a wife, mom, and kindergarten teacher, and my reflections on them all. Come along as I share my crazy journey!


Thursday, March 30, 2017

Words

what to do
when the words won't flow
when you've looked
but inspiration hasn't arrived

what to do
when the words won't flow
when you've stared
but the page is still blank

what to do
when the words won't flow
when you've thought
but the ideas just swirl

what to do
when the words won't flow
when you've hoped
but the miracle evades

what to do
when the words won't flow...
you just sit down
and write anyway

3 comments:

  1. I've seen a few of these Slices about writer's block throughout the month, and now it's gotten harder and harder - but you've almost reached the finish line! And besides, you wrote anyway, and produced a worthwhile poem! The repetition of "what to do/when the words won't flow..." is a very effective structure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of love it when our writer's block becomes our inspiration and subject of our slices. Well done you on giving it a go anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you use repetition in this poem. I also had writer's block today, but my poem was not as eloquent is yours. Great job!

    ReplyDelete